Monday, August 29, 2016

House Demo & Reflection

We got the keys to our condo on Thursday and ever since it's been nose-to-the-grindstone renovation work so that we can move in as soon as possible. Work on Yoshi has come to a complete standstill. And as much as I'd like to finish up this amazing project, my hands are just jacked right now.

On Friday, I took off all the switch plates, vent covers, etc. along with some prep work for the following day. All day Saturday, we dealt with baseboard. We tore it out; I nailed all the new stuff in; and then I caulked the entire master bedroom for the rest of the evening. Yesterday, I installed all of the remaining baseboard in the office area, tore out a door frame, and caulked everywhere in the house that needed it until I ran out of steam. I'm exhausted and my hands have taken a serious beating, too.

Renovations have pushed Yoshi back yet again, but the condo is really starting to feel like home. Aside from paint, we're almost completely done with renovations, though, and as soon as my hands can take it (and are clean enough to actually work on a cross stitch project), I really want to finish up Yoshi. In the mean time, here's a progress picture of where we're at.




4 comments:

  1. Hello,
    We snowhite read your blog..It looks great! Thanks !
    baby blankets- handmade in India : snowhiteseventhavenue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    We snowhiteseventhavenue read your Post..It was so good! Thanks !
    baby blankets- handmade in India : snowhiteseventhavenue

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete