Wednesday, April 8, 2015

10,000 Memories: A WIP Update

My 10,000 Memories blanket is by far my favorite blanket that I've ever worked on, but has relied heavily on other projects' leftover yarn to be completed. With the completion of SO's Giant Granny Square Blanket, though, I finally have some more yarn to crochet up into "granny's daughters" or one-round granny squares. This is what I have so far since starting work back up on this afghan. Hopefully there will be plenty more to come in upcoming days, too. Because these are such small pieces to work up, I can often bring them along to classes and work when I have down time.
I know that it doesn't look like much, but these squares mark progress toward my goal of eventually finishing 10,000 Memories, the blanket that I hope to keep as my heirloom piece for future generations. And the closer I get to finishing it, the closer I am to working on other projects in the future!

A few dozen squares ready to have their tails tied in!


To date, I am over thirty rows into this afghan. The pattern may be found here (or on the Patterns page) and is free to use for non-commercial purposes only. Please contact me if you have any questions.

2 comments: