Thursday, December 19, 2013

Home Sweet Home Yoshi WIP 001

When I started cross stitching about a month ago, I had ambitions of working on personal projects, not just gifts for others. Granted, working on Christmas ornaments for everyone this year has been an incredible experience, but starting a piece of my own has been on my mind for weeks.
Initially, it was the Epic Pokemon Gen I pattern on Sprite Stitch that got me motivated to start cross stitching in the first place. Prior to that, I was (and still am) an avid crocheter. Something truly appeals to me, though, when it comes to cross stitching. In many ways, it allows me to be the artist that I never thought I could be and I love the fact that I can see progress when I work on projects. It's my new favorite hobby, so I figure that it's time to start my own keepsake project.
I decided to work on a pattern by Rosaka called "Home Sweet Home Yoshi." I actually found the pattern on Deviant Art about a week ago and fell in love. And to add to my excitement, my boyfriend nearly begged me to make this piece for when we finally have a house together someday. So, I've decided to stitch it! Below is my first WIP picture. My goal is to try and take a progress picture every day that I work on this project. In some ways, it will be my visual cross stitch diary for the next few weeks...or months. Yesterday I stitched about 180 little X's over a very relaxing three hours. This is the result below. So far, so good I think, but I'm probably a little bit biased. Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment