Monday, December 30, 2013

Home Sweet Home Yoshi WIP 004

Before I get to the meat and bones of this post, I'd like to address some information regarding my future posting schedule for this blog. Since it's winter break, it's very easy for me to hop online, type up a few blogs, and then post them. Realistically, however, it won't be this simple for me to get online and write or even get enough time to sit down and work on projects once the new school semester starts in mid-January.

In order to make posts more regular from here on out, I've decided to post on a Monday, Wednesday, Friday schedule, so posts in the future maybe delayed from what you see on my other sites such as Deviant Art or Ravelry.

Back on topic, though! I present to you HSHY WIP 004!


My apologies that this photograph is so blue. I didn't realize how the sun was hitting my camera when I took took this shot. I am definitely a dingbat sometimes. WIP 004 is current through December 24, 2013 (Christmas Eve!) I didn't get to work on it too much since SO caught a nasty cold, but I was able to sneak in about 15 minutes worth of work while he was in the shower. I wish I had more than 20 stitches to show in a WIP picture, but something is always better than nothing if you ask me.

In total, I have spent 2 hours 42 minutes on this project since starting and have sewn in 252 stitches. In total, I'm about 1.16% of the way there. Not too bad for the Christmas season, I suppose. I wish that I had more to say right now about techniques, difficulties, etc. in regard to this project, but so far, each block has been sessions of sewing ten stitches across for three rows and then adding "the hump" to that block of the chart. Nothing fancy, nothing worth mentioning, but I have used a considerable amount of 3064 DMC floss--and I'm less than half way through this color. Hopefully I won't run out of what I have in my collection. I live out in the boonies and my nearest craft store isn't very reliable in terms of stocking their embroidery floss regularly. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment