Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Home Sweet Home Yoshi WIP 005

HAPPY NEW YEAR! Today, as I sit back in my chair and reflect on this year's holiday season with my ever-present can of Diet Dr. Pepper in my hand, I have to admit that this year was pretty amazing. Everyone seemed to like their Chriztmw gifts, nobody got into a family feud during holida dinner, and everyone is safe and happy. Oh--and I got to cross stitch for two and a half hours over the course of Christmas day. It doesn't get better than that--ever.

There's a lot to be shown for today's WIP. I was able to stitch in 254 stitches, essentially doubling what I had completed over WIP 001-004. I would have been able to finish out the first three rows of this pattern, too, if I hadn't come down with SO's cold. Around 10:00am on Christmas morning, it just hit me, so I spent almost my entire day curled up in the corner of the game room couch while SO played Disgaea on the Playstation 2. Originally, he was going to show me Monster Hunter 3 on the new Wii U, but we were in the unfortunate group of people that tried to register their systems during Nintendo's registration server crash. It ended up being a good thing for me, though, because I was able to curl up in the sunshine and work on my cross stitch while SO entertained himself.

Here's the current progress picture as of Christmas 2013. Only 30-40 more stitches until I've got the first three rows completely finished!


No comments:

Post a Comment