Monday, January 13, 2014

Home Sweet Home Yoshi WIP 009 & 010

I have to admit, I'm just a tad bit proud of myself for keeping this blog up to date. In the past, I haven't been able to stay on top of things in terms of blogging and project progress when I get into lazy slumps. (We all have them, so I'm not going to deny that they exist!)

This image shows progress through January 3rd. (Yoshi made it with us through the new year!) As you can tell compared to WIP 007, I got a lot done today. Between getting my toes done at the nail salon and a quiet day at the house, I was able to literally make grass grow on this project--the rest of the black row, the entirety of the dark green line, and then the grass plus grass blades for nearly half the project.
 Like I said, a productive day to say the least. I added just a hair under 600 stitches and racked up 5 hours 20 minutes to my total time. At the end of the day I was 1,448/21,600 stitches in (6.70%) with 6 hours 28 minutes devoted to the cause.

Saturday was my mom's birthday bash, so I wasn't able to work on any personal projects for the day, but WIP 010 came into being on the 5th. (Can you believe that we're to the double digits now? I almost wrote 0010 in the title of this post.) More grass grew today, but not much else. I only put in an additional 98 stitches, but my total is up to 1,546 (7.16%) and my total time is at 15.5 hours now.

I'd like to get the entire canopy of Yoshi's house done by the time I go back to Uni, but that's yet to be seen--and a lot of stitching to boot! Also, I need to get another one of SO's pokemon sprites done this week, so who knows what all will get finished and what won't. For now, I'm off to clean house.

No comments:

Post a Comment