Friday, December 20, 2013

Oh, Christmas Tree! Oh, Christmas Tree!

This year, my mom and I have really been on the ball with Christmas. We had our tree up the weekend after Thanksgiving (i.e. my birthday) and we've also been able to finish all the Christmas shopping within a reasonable time frame. It's the first time that we've ever been so on the ball and it's been absolutely wonderful.

Now, that all being said, we always procrastinate when it comes to gift wrapping. My guess is because my mom and I are the only ones who do the gift wrapping our entire family and group of friends (roughly 20 people total.) True to this year's form, however, TJ and I were on the ball this year and we powered through six hours of gift wrapping today. We only stopped once to get food around 2:00pm because neither of us had eaten for the day. Our library area was an absolute disaster for the day, but it was really fun to spend so much time with my mom and get all the remaining Christmas chores done. This is what the house looked like until about an hour ago when we cleaned everything up and finally stacked all the presents under the tree. As you can tell from my mom's face, we were a bit surprised by the state of cleanliness in the Bob Crochets household. (Please ignore my running shoes in the corner.)

My view.
Mom's view.

Overall, I think this Christmas season has been one of the better ones that I've experienced as an adult. It's been a pretty low stress, jolly few weeks and now we're just counting down the days left until the actual holiday arrives this year. It makes my other half happy, too. Christmas is his favorite time of year, so having the Christmas tree up and all the presents under the tree makes him a very happy grad student. Here's the before and after of our Christmas tree in terms of presents. If I don't post again before the 25th, have a very merry and relaxed holiday.



No comments:

Post a Comment