Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Home Sweet Home Yoshi WIP 028

Happy Wednesday! I know that I've been slipping a bit behind in terms of WIP dates recently, but I promise that I should be caught up, or close to caught up within the next week or two.

WIP 028 was worked on July 3rd, mostly in TJ's truck while we were stuck in traffic for two hours trying to get to the San Diego County Fair for a Tubes concert. Let me tell you from new found some personal experience that cross stitching in the car--especially in rush hour traffic--is a fantastic way to kill some time.


As you can tell, I was able to do a lot while we sat in those two hours of bumper-to-bumper traffic. I'm almost complete done stitching an entire column top to bottom and a lot of the remaining blank space will be solid blocks of color to sew in. I'm hoping to have the next tree trunk done by the end of July along with the next "window" of background. As always, though, I'm not sure if that will happen. I'm just excited to be getting more and more done. And let me tell you, I cannot wait to be done stitching in this khaki color once and for all!

Oh, and in honor of The Tubes, since this stitching was all done on the way to one of their concerts, I present you the original music video of my favorite song by them. Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment